CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

We're baaaaaack!

We survived the 12th International Fragile X Conference in Detroit, MI. It was as awesome as it always is.

We met up with our good friends we've made over the years.
Here's a bunch of 'em:

We learned (and re-learned) a lot, so it was fun to decompress in the evenings. I ate like a pig and drank like a fish. Ok, so not that bad. I had a couple of drinks each night. I did eat like a pig, though. Drew's special ed. teacher came to the conference. She said she got a good idea of what Fragile X really is and got some practical ideas about how to teach Drew. And a few ideas she thought she might try with her other kids as well.

I will try to organize my thoughts and give a synopsis of what I learned. I was excited to meet up with Melissa from Basically FX and Paula from Paula's Place and Cindi Rogers as well. It was a lot of fun. I wish I would have had more time to spend with my bloggy friends.

While I am trying to gather my thoughts on the "official" stuff I learned, here are some pictures of the rest of the time. Some pics are blurry. Took me awhile to figure out why. Dirty lens. Hey! I never said I was a genius.


Here's me with Adam, a guy I promised to dance with.

2 comments:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

Sorry I missed meeting you there! Maybe next time!

Lisa said...

Glad to hear that you had fun, learned a lot of stuff and got to spend time with friends.