CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

So much for sleeping in

Six days a week, I get up with the boys. I get their breakfast, put on the television for them, give them their medicine. Sunday mornings, Eric gets up with them and I sleep in until nine o'clock. Recently, Blake has been extremely grumpy with me when I get up on Sundays and his behavior has been poor. He will say, "Go away!" and go in his room and slam the door. He continues to come up to me and say things like, "No bath!" and "You stop it!" It is not really the best way to get my day started, that's for sure.

I am thinking he is upset by the schedule change and is used to me getting up with him most days. I don't really get why this is a problem recently, as we've done this all his life.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears. Unless it is the suggestion to get up with the kids on Sundays. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought of using a HugeeMissYou Doll. It's a soft doll that comes in a variety of patterns that are geared toward boys. Basically it has a place on the dolls face to insert a photo of you or maybe you and your child for those times when you aren't with them. They see a picture of you and can cuddle with you. And now they even have where you can make a recording of you that they can press on the doll to make it play. If you want to take a look, here's the site link:
www.huggeemissyou.com

Hope this can help you,
Valerie

Lisa said...

That's tough as I really appreciate sleeping in also. It does make for a crappy day though if your child is mad at you all day.