CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 23, 2010

School Time

The boys start school this week. Wednesday, to be precise. I have mixed feelings about it, of course. I will be glad to get them back into a schedule, as this definitely makes life easier. But them going back to school means going back to work for me in Lunchlady Land. I actually really like my job, so it'll be fine, but I've really enjoyed the laid back summer we've had.

We've been visiting the school regularly for the past three weeks or so and it has gone well. Today we are visiting the school and I have arranged for Drew's and Blake's aides to meet us there. I am also bringing in our school supplies and putting money in their lunch accounts.

Tomorrow evening is open house at the school. Eric and I are of two minds on the matter. Eric definitely wants to go, he says that all kids go to their open house, and it is important for them. I say there will be the normal 350 kids, their parents, young siblings, and it will be a madhouse. Wednesday will be hard enough for them with just the students and teachers. We are comprimising. We will be going to open house, but fifteen minutes early before the masses arrive. Voila!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds like you an Eric came up with a good compromise. I am trying to figure out the best time to go to avoid crowds also.

Kwags said...

it was great seeing you and Drew tonight :) good luck to all of you tomorrow :)