CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sicks, part 2

So last week Drew had bronchitis.  I took him to the doctor and got a Z-pack for him.  His cough seemed to improve.  Today, his aide and teacher both said he had a rough day.  By the end of the day, he was throwing his shoes, pushing papers away and flat-out refusing to do his work. 

I had a follow-up eye doctor appointment at 4:30 and had planned for my father in law to babysit.  I was going to drop the kids off on my way.  He stopped by my house on his way from visiting his sister in Fort Loramie.  When the boys got home from school, Drew had a really rough transition.  He didn't want to come in the house when he saw Grandpa was there.  Which makes no sense to a typical child, but to Drew it makes perfect sense.  He had planned on going to Grandpa's house later in my van, and now here Grandpa was!  And he loves his grandpa.  Anyway, after a few minutes, he was fine. 

My father in law and I visited for awhile, but around four o'clock I had to get going to my appointment.  Much to the boys' delight, they went with Grandpa in his van back to his house.  When I picked them up, he said they had been good. 

When we got home, I noticed that Drew's nose was red.  I checked it out further and saw that it was also running.  Now he's sneezing.  So, I guess we're on part two of this illness, which is a head cold.  Yippee.  Blake seems to have the same problem .

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Isn't grandpa & grandma's house always better anyways?

Kristiem10 said...

Yep. It really is.