CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Randomness

Last night was Parents' Night Out again.  We dropped the boys off at 5pm.  As we were walking in, my sister was walking out from dropping off her kids.  She was alone.  I knew my brother in law Tony was sick and had his back messed up, so I asked Kelly what she was doing.  She said she was probably just going to Wal-Mart and home.  I checked with Eric to make sure it was ok with him (it was!) and invited Kelly to go with us.  We went to Cassano's for pizza and breadsticks and then just went to the mall to get Eric some new work shirts.  We stopped for pie and coffee after our shopping excursion before picking up the kids. 

Drew's pants were wet when we got there so I took him into the bathroom and helped him change before we left.  There were lots of kids there, and he probably didn't tell an adult soon enough when he had to go to the bathroom.  Other than that, the kids had a great time.  They went bowling with the group.  Drew loves riding the bus and doesn't get many opportunities other than field trips and Parents' Night Out. 

My mom and dad are one vacation, so our church plans were different.  I stayed home with the boys while Eric went to church.  Drew is the one who is usually upset by changes in routine the most, but he handled it pretty well.  He asked, "Where I go?" a couple times, but I reminded him that Grandma and Grandpa were on vacation and he was going to stay with me. 

This afternoon, I decided to make cube steaks and gravy in the Crock Pot.  I was browning the steaks at 2:30 or so.  Blake asked me what I was doing and I told him I was making supper.  He wanted to get out the plates like he normally does when it's suppertime.  I told him it would be quite awhile before supper would be ready.  Funny boy.  I guess it makes sense when he doesn't have a real understanding of the concept of time, and he saw me cooking in the kitchen.  It took me getting the kitchen cleaned up and getting on the computer for him to accept that it was not time to eat.  He pacified himself with some Halloween candy.

Eric repaired the cement on our back patio enclosure.  It had a crack and part of it was broke off.  He bought the things he needed and fixed it right up.  I am impressed.  It looks great! 

Now I am on the hunt for a good dessert for us to have tonight.  I've been thinking about some kind of cookie bar or something.  Hmm.... 

0 comments: