CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yuck

Last night, I was reading my book when Eric said, "Who's crying?"  I got up to investigate and discovered it was Drew.  About two seconds before he threw up in bed.  Eric came in and ran him to the bathroom, and Drew did it again all over the bathroom. 

Poor kid has a really hard time with throwing up.  He fights it and screams his head off the whole time, resisting bending over the toilet.  I have to stand behind him and hold him over the toilet. 

He needed a bath after the first puke, so I took care of that while Eric cleaned up the bed.  We got him back to bed, but that was just the beginning.  He got up several more times throughout the night.  Thankfully, he always starts crying before he throws up, so I had time to  grab him and run him to the bathroom. 

I called in to work so I could stay home with him today.  I hate to do that, but what else is there to do?  I was up with him all night anyway, and I am pretty tired myself.  I am hoping we'll have a nap this afternoon.

He is so funny, though.  First thing this morning, he was asking for milk.  And he has been asking nonstop for it since then.  I told him he has to wait until tomorrow to drink milk. He's kept down some toast and water this morning. 

Hoping it's a short-lived bug that doesn't hit anyone else in the family. 

3 comments:

H(P) said...

There with you.

I'm on the third kid having the puke fest this week. The first two lasted about 10 hours, and then they are done, a little weaker for another 10 hours, but MUCH better! Good luck...if all goes as expected we'll be good tomorrow...

It's going around...

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

aw, poor Drew. Hope he feels better soon and that no one else gets sick....

Lisa said...

Why is it so hard for a kid to throw up in the toilet? They seem to rebel against it....