CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Drew's lunch success!

Due to his picky eating, Drew usually packs his lunch.  There is an occasional lunch he likes, though.  He usually throws his whole tray in the trash.  I am the one who takes dirty trays from the kids, so I am normally the one who goes out and takes it out of the trash can.  I talked to him this morning about it.  It was chicken nugget day and he was getting a tray lunch.  I said, "Drew, when you bring your tray up to me, it goes on the counter, not the trash, ok?" I repeated it a couple times  and made him fill in the blanks with the answers "counter" and "trash".  He did well.

At lunch time, I was pretty busy and not paying a whole lot of attention.  There was a mob of fifth graders bringing their trays up.  Suddenly, someone threw a tray down on the counter.  I looked up to see Drew scampering off!  He did it!  Woohoo!  I didn't even care that he didn't dump his leftovers in the trash.  It was especially hard for him since there were so many kids there at the time.  I have some sixth grade workers who I had told about it and they were happy with me for Drew's accomplishment. 

1 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I love how we can appreciate the little things. :)