CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Black bottom banana bars

I had some bananas that were getting dark, so I decided to do something with them.  I am ready to put Black Bottom Banana bars into the oven.  Only problem is that with Eric's new diet, I am likely the only one to be eating them.  If you are hungry, stop by for a banana bar.  :)

Or, if you live too far away, here's the recipe:

Black-Bottom Banana Bars

These bars stay very moist, and their rich banana and chocolate flavor is even better the second day. My mother-in-law game me this recipe, and it's a big favorite with both my husband and two sons. —Rene Wright, Ferryville, Wisconsin15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.


Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup HERSHEY®’S Cocoa

Directions

•In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat

in egg and vanilla. Stir in the bananas. Combine the flour, baking

powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.



•Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased

13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl

with a knife.



•Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the a toothpick inserted

near the center comes out clean. Cool a wire rack. Yield: 2-1/2 to

3 dozen.



Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium,

2 comments:

Umma said...

Mmmmm...bananas have been banned from this house for so long. Caleb LOVES them but they do not love him. I'll just quietly drool from here.

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

yeah, I can't make those either, they look too amazing and I'd lose all control in their presence.