CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fragile Moods



Drew has had some difficulty lately with transitioning to coming home after school.  It could be because Mrs. H has to park the car in the front lot now instead of the back lot as she has all year.  Maybe because Blake's aide is out for a few days and someone different is with him.  Who knows, really?

When they pulled in the driveway I could see Drew was upset.  He was crying his cheeks were red from smacking himeslf.  When I went to open his door, he locked it.  Mrs. H unlocked the door and I got it opened.  He was crying and fighting.  Blake reached over and yanked on his hair a few times.  Drew got out of the car and tried to hit Mrs. H's window. I shuffled him past her towards the house and helped Blake get out.

Mrs. H didn't know for sure what set him off.  She said he didn't want to go home after speech class.  Anyway, she said he threw his backpack down and (if I recall) his hat and gloves, too.

When I got in the house, he was crying and smacking himself.  I hate when he does that!  He was upset and said, "No shoes off!  No coat off!" and so forth.  I didn't force the issue, but then he said, "I want my shoes off!  Help!"  I tried to help him, and of course, he fought me.  Next he just sat on the couch and cried, smacking his own face occasionally.  He cried, "It'sgoneit'sgone!  My blanket is gone!"  I helped him find his blanket and he went in his room.  He came out a few minutes later, all red-faced, but not crying anymore. 

When he does this, I really try to stay calm.  I hate the whole thing, though.  First of all, it makes me feel so out of control, and in the second place, it makes me sad to see him hurt himself.

1 comments:

theotherlion said...

I wish I could come give you a hug. Meltdown days are the worst.