CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why I won't ban Barney in my house

Some people ban Barney the Dinosaur from their home.  Because he's annoying, they say.  I don't find him annoying.  What I find annoying is all the shows on television which teach my kids to be rude and demanding and disrespectful to adults. 

Barney is a pleasant guy.  He is an optimist.  He always looks on the bright side of a situation.  I admit that the older episodes have cheesy acting, but overall, the theme is good.  Be nice, share, sing songs, use your imagination.  How is that bad?

My kids may be old for Barney by some people's standards, but I say as long as they're interested, why not allow them to watch it?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boys STILL enjoy Barney if they happen to see it, although we don't put it on intentionally anymore...they learned LOTS of stuff, and STILL sing the "Clean Up" song when they are cleaning. I agree -- wholesome learning!!!
Peggy E