CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 15, 2011

Not-so-average day

Most days, the boys and I stay home and hang out.  We don't do anything especially exciting.  To be honest, I was getting bored and I am sure the boys were too.  Around 10:45 this morning, I announced that we were going on a picnic.  Now, Blake was all for the idea, but since I hadn't taken the time to prepare Drew for it, he was not really onboard with the idea.  I helped him get dressed and into the van we went.  We stopped at the store and got some camera batteries and some chips for the boys.  Next we went to McDonalds for some chicken nuggets.  Then we headed to Anna Community Park.  It is where my niece Ashley's baby shower was last weekend and the boys really seemed to like that park.  There was a playhouse they especially liked. 

We got there and there were a couple other moms with their preschool-aged kids.  Blake claimed the playhouse immediately and when the other little kids came, he yelled,  "Go away!  It's MY house!"  Of course, I jumped up and intervened, but you can bet those kids stayed away from Blake and "his" house. 

Here's a slideshow of the pics from our time at the park:



After the park, we stopped at the post office where my mom works.  We said hello and visited for a little bit. 

After the post office, we went to visit Eric's sister, otherwise known as Aunt 'Net (which stands for Annette, in case you're curious) She and my niece Jessica were watching a movie.   I think they were surprised to see us.  We don't just drop in on people too much.  Drew stood outside on her front porch letting the air conditioning out by opening and closing the front door repeatedly.  Eventually, he decided it was ok to come in.  Probably had to do with the fact that Aunt 'Net had the dog Ginger in her arms instead of letting her run around.  She assured Drew that she would keep Ginger away.  Blake had no such problems going into Annette's house.  He went in and opened the toy closet and made requests for what toys he wanted to play with.  I don't even know how long we were there.  An hour and a half?  It was a nice visit, anyway. 

Of course, as soon as we got home, the boys peeled their clothes off and went to watch television.  Eric will be home in an hour and we're going to cook out steaks on the grill.  Yum!

3 comments:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

Sounds like a great outing! That park is awesome.

Anonymous said...

sounds fun. do you still read the pioneer woman's blog? she featured brownies from dorothy lane market recently. you should try one the next time you go to dayton.
Jennifer

Kristiem10 said...

I haven't been on Ree's blog in awhile, Jen. I'll have to check it out. ;)