CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Morning Randomness

Well, I actually get things done when I don't take a morning nap.  Surprise, surprise.  Last night, I was listening to a sermon on my mp3 player while ironing and getting stuff ready for today.  It had a few minutes left, so I got into bed and thought when it was over that I'd read awhile.  I almost fell asleep before it was done.  When it was over, I decided to go to sleep instead of reading.  We didn't get up until 7 this morning, so that totalled nine hours of sleep for me!  Woohoo!

I organized some drawers this morning, made all the beds, did some laundry, sent some emails I needed to follow up on and I still have an hour until I have to be at work.  Pretty nice!

We had a parent-teacher conference last night with Blake's teacher.  I really, really like her.  She does a lot of Blake's work on the Smartboard, which he loves.  She showed us some of the things he does on it, and that Smartboard is pretty awesome.  Someone from a nearby district loaned our school their Steam Roller to see if Blake would benefit from it.  They said he loves it and it seemed to help him sit still after using it.  If you've never heard of a steam roller, this is what it looks like: 

The tension is adjustable and the kid crawls through, getting squished along the way.  Blake's OT said he wanted it to squish him harder so she had to tighten up the tension for him.  The thing costs $530.00, so I am sure it will be a hassle to get the school to buy one.  There is another kid who they are thinking might benefit from it, too, so that may help the campaign.  Drew would most likely not want to crawl through it.

I still can't tell if Drew's behavior has changed since we started the drug trial.  Not sure if we got the placebo or the real deal.  Trying not to read too much into every good or otherwise behavior. 

1 comments:

Kari said...

That is pretty cool! I am so glad it helps Blake during the day. I have never seen one of those.