CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A food post

I was inordinately impressed with the way these turned out, so I had to take a picture of them. ;)  Hey, it's my blog! 


This is a Kristie concoction.  Here's how I did it in case you're interested:

Twice Baked Potatoes

First I baked the potatoes.  After they cooled a little, I sliced them and scooped out the insides.  In my mixer, I combined 1/2 stick softened margarine, a couple big spoonfuls of sour cream, about 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and some cooked bacon.  I seasoned the mixture with chives, black pepper, salt, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. I brushed the potato skins with olive oil and put them facedown on a baking sheet.  Baked them in 400 degree oven for five minutes maybe.  Then I scooped the potato mixture into the skins, sprinkled cheddar and mozzarella cheeses over the top.  Then I sprinkled dry bread crumbs and more chives.  Next, I baked them on a baking sheet for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.  Yum-ola!  I have bible study tonight and will miss eating them.  Hope Eric saves some for me. 

3 comments:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

They look amazing! Do your kids eat stuff like this? Mine wouldn't. But my husband and I would... ;-)

Kristiem10 said...

Drew wouldn't, but Blake would eat the inside part, not the skins. Eric and I have put a good dent in them.

Lisa said...

Looks delicious! I may have to "steal" the recipe this weekend when I have "more time" to cook.