CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Baking with Blake

I was making some cupcakes this moring and after I started mixing the batter, I let Blake put the papers in the cups.  Then he asked for "his" pan, which is a silicone pan which holds six cupcakes.  He then puts papers in his pan puts the pan in the drawer.  I finished my cupcakes up and put them in the oven.  He came in and put his pan on the counter and said, "Cupcakes pleeeease?"  I said that I already had them in the oven.  He looked crestfallen so I got out a Jiffy cornbread mix and let him make them.  He cut open the bag and dumped it in, I let him crack the egg and put it in and I measured out 1/3 cup of milk and had him pour it in.  I instructed him to turn the mixer on to number 2, cringing while expecting him to crank it all the way up.  He did it perfectly.  After it was all mixed, he used my Pampered Chef scoop and filled the muffin cups.  Since the oven was full and the pan was silicone, I got the brainy idea to put the cornbread "cupcakes" in the microwave.  About a minute and a half later, they were done.  A good alternative for a kid who has a hard time waiting.  Of course he didn't want to try any, but was quite satisfied that he had done it.  He said, "For the guys?"  which meant he was going to offer them to the guys (ie-Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Kelly and her family) at the Grandma's birthday party tonight.  I am guessing he's going to want to get in on icing them when I ice the cupcakes. 

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Way to think on your toes!