CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The doctor is in

Yesterday, I noticed that we now have Disney Junior in our channel lineup.  It may have been there before, but I don't remember seeing it.  I put Imagination Movers on for Blake.  When it was over, he stayed put.  A show called Doc McStuffins was on and Blake was mesmerized.  I had not seen it before and as far as I know, neither had Blake. 

Doc McStuffins is a little girl who pretends she is a doctor, treating her stuffed animals and toys.  Here she is: 


When the show was over, he ran to the computer and next thing I knew, he was watching another episode online.  How he knew to find it, I have no idea.  But I was a little impressed. 

Then, in true X-Men fashion, he got his props ready.  He received a veterinarian kit for Christmas, which he hadn't used at all.  He asked if he could take it on the back porch.  I told him to go ahead.  He gathered up all his favorite guys and went out. 



When he brought his bear over for a checkup, he listened to his chest and said, "Oh! Have the hiccups?!" 


I guess he's writing a prescription here.

After that, he came back in and watched it more on the computer.  I was cleaning out our pantry and there was finally some space on the floor of it.  Blake went inside and shut the door behind him.  He popped out and said, "The doctor is in!"  and asked me to make him a sign.  I made a "doctor is in/out" sign.  He stopped me and said, "Say, 'Doctor Blake'"


I did and taped it to the fridge.  Now he goes into the pantry, announces whether the doctor is in or out and moves a magnet to the right spot on his sign.  It's too funny.




1 comments:

Faydra said...

So adorable! It's fun when something captures their imagination like that.