CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 29, 2012

International Conference

Today is the last full day at the conference.  I am trying to gather my thoughts about it.  I always learn something new to put into practice with the boys.  It seems that every two years,I get a firm reminder that Fragile X is a real disorder that biologically affects my kids. I hear about synapses firing, weak dendrites, glutamate receptors and is many other things that don't occur to me on a day to day basis. I am always impressed with how well my kids actually function when faced with constant hyperarousal, language deficits, and anxiety.  It has to be a very bewildering world for them.  It confirms my resolve to be a safe place for them. It has reminded am of the importance of living every day deliberately, not always in crisis mode, reacting to everything, but to be proactive in equipping my boys to self-regulate and become more independent. More in the conference later...

1 comments:

Pizza Recipes said...

Nicce blog you have