CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 31, 2007

How we came to be the family we are


Eric and I met at age 17, in 1993. I was a waitress and he was a waiter at Ponderosa Steakhouse. We knew each other a few months before we started dating.


We dated for six years. We both graduated high school, started college, I dropped out of college (or should I say "flunked out"?) Eric went on to The Ohio State University. I got a job at a bank, and visited him on weekends. In April of 1998, he took me to dinner at a restaurant called J. Alexanders, and after dinner, got on one knee and proposed to me. Obviously, I said yes. One year and one month later, we were married.

Yes, I am aware that this picture makes me look gargantuan next to my little husband. We are the exact same height barefoot, but alas, I wore heels on our wedding day. And I had a huge-o dress. That made me look bigger. Honest. After our long courtship, I was convinced we needed to start a family. I talked Eric into "trying". Well, lo and behold, I got pregnant the first month.


Next thing you know, we were parents. That's Drew up there.


Our first family picture.

So, two years and nine months after Drew was born, our little surprise baby came along. We decided he was a good surprise, and a keeper at that.

Aww, look at that chubby bubby!

For a long time, Blake had a hard time looking up. He kept his chin to his chest a lot! Low muscle tone, I guess.


This was a family photo for our church book. What a fiasco! It captured the true essence of our family. Chaos. lol.

Our lives have not been all easy, but who's lives really are? I have grown to love my man more with every year, and every trial we have faced. He is a wonderful father who wants the best for his sons, and loves his crazy, hormonal wife as much as he ever did. Sometimes I look at my family and want to burst because they are such blessings to me. This family we made is a wonderful thing.

7 comments:

a said...

What a nice recap for us blogger-friends. You have a beautiful family!

theotherlion said...

Awww, you made me get all teary. I love the picture at the end. My parents, sister, Punkin, and I took one a few weeks ago. Everyone is smiling and looking at the camera. Punkin is laying sideways in my dad's arms. =)

Misty said...

I loved the recap! Thanks so much. Your family is adorable. Did you know you were a carrier for Fragile X prior to getting pregnant?

Kristiem10 said...

I did not know my carrier status when we had Drew. I found out when Drew was a baby. We knew I was a carrier when I became pregnant with Blake, but as I mentioned, he was a little surprise.

Misty said...

Oh I hope I didn't sound like you "shouldn't" get pregnant. I certainly didn't mean that. I was just being curoius and a bit nosey:) I know that if I were a carrier (my Fragile X son is adopted) I still would have had a lot of children. I know a woman in Australia who has 7 Fraggles I think. http://joyfulhomemaker.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

you forgot about the CRAZY family that you married into !!

Kristiem10 said...

Misty, I didn't think you meant that. I knew of my carrier status before I got pg with Blake. I wanted more kids. Eric didn't. God had his own plan for us, which was another fraggle. Who can argue with what God knows best?

And Chris, if I had only known just how crazy you all were....j/k