CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Whinefest

I had two cavities filled yesterday. As soon as I got home I took some Advil, and Blake and I took a nap while the large amounts of Novacaine wore off. In the evening, I started having shooting pains in my one tooth. Really awful. I took some Excedrin. Helped for awhile. Took more Excedrin before bed. That was a mistake. In case you don't know, it has caffeine in it. I tossed and turned and couldn't fall asleep. I took a Melatonin around 2am, and even that didn't help. Still tossing and turning and having the shooting pains, which I have dubbed "zingers". It is now 4:30am and I am sitting here blogging, and my hands are shaking from the caffeine. The dentist said it was not a really big cavity, but it was in a tooth where there already was a large filling, so they had to drill out the old filling along with the cavity and refill the whole deal. So I guess I am feeling nerve pain. Yuck. I am thankful there are dentists (hi Jen!) and alternatives to having to just pull teeth, but man! this is not fun. I know I will be fine in a couple days. It has been a long time since I have had this bad of a toothache, though. As my nephew Kyle would say, "Wah, wah, wah to you, Kristie!"

3 comments:

theotherlion said...

OUCH! I hate going to the dentist. I wish they could just knock me out. I had to have an emergency root canal when I was pregnant and after he drilled out the nerve, he kept saying "You can't possibly feel pain. There's no nerve there." But trust me, whether real or imagined, I was hurting. And sobbing. It was awful.

shoeaddict said...

Awwwww! That's terrible. What's Melatonin?

Kristiem10 said...

Erika, I had the same thing happen! Not the emergency part, but afterI had a root canal, the dentist told me I couldn't possibly be feeling pain. Wrong!

shoeaddict- Melatonin is a dietary supplement that helps one sleep.