CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A pea in a whistle

That is what Blake reminded me of last night. He got up plenty early yesterday, and the only nap he had was on the bus on the way home from school. When bedtime rolled around, I didn't expect a big fight. Eric put the boys to bed so I could watch Dancing with the Stars. Well, thirty seconds later, Blake was up and running again. Back and forth, into the toyroom, under the table, back to bed. After returning him to his bed many times, I finally told him he could stay up a little longer if he sat still with me and watched the dancers. He actually liked them, and applauded for them when the finished. But that only lasted a few minutes, and then he was up again. He ran and got me pieces to a farm puzzle. He kept holding them up telling me which animal it was and what sound it makes. At nine thirty, he was still up, so I went to bed with a book, and let him get in bed with me. He flopped around and said, "Mommy, what you doin'?" After about ten minutes of this, I put him back in his bed. Finally he stayed there. Before I went to sleep, I checked on both boys, and what did I see resting on his pillow? His feet. His head was at the foot end of the bed. Silly kid. It is 7:23am and I hear him talking right now.

2 comments:

theotherlion said...

That sounds all too familiar. Even when I was sick Saturday night, he insisted on sleeping with me. Actually, on top of me.
I always hear him banging his heels against the wall next to his bed about 2 minutes after I walk away.

Kristiem10 said...

Oh gosh, Blake bangs his heels on the wall if he doesn't get out of bed.