CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Randomness for the day


1. Lately when Drew comes home from school, he doesn't want to take his coat off. I don't know what is up with it, but he has been keeping it on for a half hour or so. Today he even got and ate his snack in his coat. lol! Maybe it is a transition thing. Who knows?

2. My sister Kelly and I are going to go help our mom remove wallpaper from my Grandma's bathroom. Should be fun. Sometimes wallpaper comes off easily, but tonight it will probably come off by the centimeter. We shall see.

3. Since I am going to be gone, I made Eric sauerkraut and smoked sausage in the crockpot for supper. Hey! That is not gross. We're German, ok? Actually, Eric will not eat the sauerkraut, just the sausage and mashed potatoes. Must be because he is part-French. lol.

4. I have been semi-obessed with the Annapolis Peace Summit that is going on.

5. Oh, and a confession about my sensory issues: The other day I was heading home from Sidney, and I stopped at the A&W/Long John Silvers to get an order of cheese curds. I was eating them while I was driving, and I got something disgusting in my mouth. I spit it out, and looked at it. To my utter horror, it was a piece of shrimp. Obviously, my snack was over. I literally wiped my tongue and popped a piece of peppermint gum to get rid of the flavor. I tried not to think about it, but it kept making me gag. When I got home, I threw up! I know, I am weird, but I cannot stand the thought of eating seafood. Especially shrimp. You can bet it will be a cold day in July before I order cheese curds from there again!

5 comments:

Maddy said...

My youngest wears his jacket all day at school [it's toasty warm there ] and he won't take it off at home either [not as toasty warm but warm enough]

Sorry about the shrimp [even though it's one of my favourite, so I'd have felt like I was lucky if that happened to me]

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I am sooo with you. I can't eat anything seafood either. It's too rubbery and nasty and uck. I don't blame you for getting sick!!

Chris said...

Well I guess you know why everything at Long John Silvers taste that same.. it is cooked in all the same vat! Some seafod is really good, Osters on th ehalf shell nice and Slimey!

At least Drew will wear a coat, Anthony nevers wants to wear a coat. He is Too Cool, a coat crames his style.

Shoeaddict said...

What is a cheese CURD? That sounds awful. Seafood is a staple in my diet. South Louisiana and all...

Kristiem10 said...

lol, a cheese curd is like bits of fried cheese. Like mozzarella sticks, only bite size.