CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Cold Weather + Homemade Bread = Delightful




That's right. You may remem-
ber that I hate cold weather. I am constantly trying to counteract the coldiness (yes, I made that up) with warm food. This time, I made Amish White Bread. It started out in my bread machine, and right before it baked, I took it out and put it into a greased loaf pan and baked in my oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. That's just because I like the traditional shape of a loaf pan. Eric just rolls his eyes. But I know he'll be helping me eat it, no matter the shape. And, of course the picture would have been prettier if I had thought to snap it before I ate two slices.

Here's the recipe:

Amish Bread

2 3/4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
18 tablespoons warm water

Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select White Bread cycle; press Start.

When the dough has raised once and second cycle of kneading begins, turn machine off. Reset by pressing Start once again. This gives the dough two full raising cycles before the final raising cycle prior to baking.

*it should be noted that not all bread machines have only a single raising cycle. Mine has a double raising cycle, so I only ran it through once. Yes, I did measure out 18 tablespoons of warm water. It was a total pain in the drain, but well worth it. *edited to say that 18 Tbs= 1 cup and 2 Tbs.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

yummy! I made your french toast recipe last Friday and it was very good. To lessen the "pain in the drain", 18 tablespoons= 1 cup + 2 tablespoons. Can't wait to see you in a week!

Maddy said...

Hmm maybe I should invest in another break maker since the last one died a few years ago.
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Kristiem10 said...

lol. Yeah I had someone else tell me the same thing since I did it. Duh! I can't believe I didn't remember learning that 16 tablespoons are in a cup somewhere along the way. And, I am looking forward to seeing you, too!