CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Kyle!

Kyle and Grandpa V


My nephew Kyle turned eleven yesterday. We went over for cake in the evening. We gave him our gift before my parents gave him theirs. We knew that once Kyle got his gift from Grandma and Grandpa V, nothing else would matter. So what great thing did they get him?



A church directory! I know. If you don't know Kyle, you are thinking, what a bizarre gift!, but if you have read THIS blog entry, it will make more sense to you. Kyle has Fragile X, and is obsessed with Father Steve, the priest in my town. Every time he comes over here or my mom's house, he has to look at our church book. He has worn out the binding on my book. lol. The first thing he did when he got it out of the package was open it to a picture of Father Steve and say, "There he is!" He was so excited.

He is also excited about colored socks. And he got some for his birthday. Also from Granparents V. He put the red (his favorite) ones on, grabbed the fleece blanket he got from Grandparents L. and of course his church book, and headed downstairs for a little leisure. So much for the hooded sweatshirt, sweatpants and *white* socks we got him. lol.

3 comments:

theotherlion said...

the love affair continues....

Anonymous said...

i laughed so hard!! Matty wouldn't know what to do without his church directory. And I swear we must use the same company cuz that looks like our directory :)

Kristiem10 said...

lol! Another church directory lover! I will have to tell my sister about Matty.