CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Trash the dress

Have you heard of this? I was watching the news this morning and they were talking about what people do with their wedding gowns after the big day. They talked about cutting them off, dying them, making a table cloth out of them, a christening gown, etc. It reminded me of something an online friend of mine did. She did a Trash the Dress photoshoot. Here are some pics of people who have done these photoshoots:







I think this would be so fun to do! My dress hung in my mother in law's closet for about six years until she got tired of it and sent it to my house. Now it hangs in the closet in Drew's room.

This is what the official Trash the Dress website says about why you should do it:

Why? … Why not? You’ve made a commitment to your husband. He’s your one and only true love, right? Then you’ll never need the dress again. And no, your daughter won’t wear it in 20-30 years. So you have two choices:

1) Suffocate it in plastic and throw it in a closet
2) Show your husband how committed you are by trashing the dress, and get some great fun pictures while you do it!


Here's their website: Trash the Dress

I have no daughters to pass my dress down to, not that they'd want it anyway.
I am committed to my marriage, and will not be needing it again.
My children have been baptized, and I didn't use my dress to make a gown for them
A bridal gown tablecloth (lol!) doesn't appeal to me.

If I decided to do it, I'll definitely share the pictures.

3 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

Do it! I want to. My blog friend Andie did it and her pictures are awesome.

Anonymous said...

One option you may not have thought of is giving it to Goodwill or some such charitable organization. This would give someone without a lot of money a chance to purchase a nice wedding gown with the money from the gown going to charity.

~ Just a thought...

Kristiem10 said...

talcatt, a noble idea. I hadn't actually considered parting with the dress prior to learing about Trash the Dress. If I did TTD, (which I probably won't anyway) they say the dresses are usually cleanable, and not actually trashed for real.