CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

It figures!

Drew before school this morning


So, last week Eric and I went to parent teacher conferences. They told me that Drew is doing really great in aquatic therapy. They said I really need to come in and see him and all that he can do. They go in the pool on Monday afternoons. So, I met the principal in the school lobby and she snuck me into the office of the instructor. They didn't have an observation window, but I was planning on peeking out the door after the class got started. Jason, the instructor told me I'd have a better vantage point if I hid in one of the dressing areas until it started. So I did. I heard the class of four come in. I heard my boy say, "Hi Jason!" And Mrs. H took him into a dressing room to help him get changed. Soon he was dressed and waited on a chair beside the pool while Mrs. H got changed. Jason talked to the kids. When everyone was ready, they went into the pool one by one. Drew started saying, "I have to go potty! No pool!" Mrs. H reminded him that she took him to the bathroom right before they changed their clothes. He didn't want to get in the pool. I snuck to the corner and peeked around. Drew was sitting on the steps of the pool. They coaxed him, and did what they could to get him to remember how much he likes swimming. Nope. He was not having it today. At one point he got out of the pool and went back toward the changing rooms. I didn't have enough time to hide, so he ran right into me. He stopped dead in his tracks and said, "What are you doing?!" to me. He said, "Look, swimming!" I said, "Yes, you are supposed to be swimming. Why don't you go back in and do your work?" Well, he really wanted to go in, but was anxious. He stood by the pool and flapped his hands. He kept yelling, "Jason, woo-hoo!" wanting Jason to repeat it. Eventually, Drew got back in the water, though he didn't do much work. He did wade across the pool to where cold water sprayed in. And he pinched his nose and tried to dunk his head.

I wasn't too disappointed, as this type of thing is typical. When you want to see him do his work, for some reason he won't do it. That's ok, though. I still found it interesting to see what they do, and I got to hear him interact with Jason and Mrs. H.

5 comments:

Jen said...

How cute! And it must have been fun to be able to see him in his school environment without him knowing you were there...even if it was for only a little while.

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to encourage you to come to the Columbus event...would two tickets in your name at Will Call help? My treat. Just let me know. I have a little pull and I'm pulling for you.

Patsy

Casdok said...

Glad you werent too disapointed! Yes it is typical!!

Anonymous said...

consider it done. have any questions or change of plans e-mail me...which can be done thru my web page.

Toodles, PJ

fragilemom said...

Wow! I wish Ian's school had aquatics. He just loves swimming. Luckily Grandma and Papa have a pool.