CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sleep update

So Blake was pretty tired yesterday. In the morning, it came out as mischief. He got into everything, climbed on the bar numerous times, even when I told him to stay off, ran around nonstop.

There was a note in the communication book that they had a struggle getting him to do table work. I was expecting to find him sleeping in his carseat on the bus. Nope, bright-eyed and bushy tailed. He said, "Hi Mommy!"

We went in the house, where his mood took a turn for the worse. He dumped out a couple toyboxes, ran around, throwing Woody across the room until Woody had a timeout on top of the refrigerator. And, of course, hitting me several times, and Drew once. He had a couple of timeouts. I knew the reason for his behavior, but couldn't let it go unpunished.

He calmed down from about 5-6:30pm. We read several books, and it was nice. Until he decided he was finished, and started hitting. He wanted to be held. I tried to pick him up, and he fell to the floor, yelling, "NO!" Over and over it went. Around 7pm, he head butted me and gave me a fat lip. I would have sworn it was split open, it hurt that bad. But it was not bleeding. However, it was quite swollen. I put some ice on it, and Eric tried to take over with the wild child. Blake had a wedgie and Eric tried to help him fix it. But Blake was too wound up and agitated, and started screeching and kicking. He kicked Eric in the face. So we decided it was definitely bedtime.

He woke up a couple times during the night, and I heard him talking. He didn't call for me or get up, so I just left him alone. He went back to sleep and stayed in bed until almost 7:30 this morning. Whew. I hope we have things straightened out now.

1 comments:

fragilemom said...

We get those occasionally as well. Ian always struggles with sleep and it seems like the more tired he is, the wilder he gets...either laughing hysterically (at nothing) or in more of a rage that can't be consoled. Never a dull moment, huh!