CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Shaky ground

Did you hear about the earthquake in Illinois? I felt it here in western Ohio. I was sleeping, and suddenly, I thought, is the room shaking? I looked around in a half-asleep daze and went back to sleep. I dreampt about earthquakes. When I got up for the day, I flipped on Fox News and saw that a quake that registered at 5.4 on the Richter Scale hit southern Illinois. They said it could be felt as far as Ohio and Kentucky. I realized that I wasn't dreaming after all!

Apparently, there was seismic activity on the New Madrid fault. I remember my high school social studies teacher talking to us about the New Madrid fault, and how we were due for a big earthquake soon. Well, that was many (I'm not admitting how many!) years ago. I am glad no one was reported injured. I do find earthquakes interesting. I did some reading about the New Madrid fault today.

Esortment Article

1 comments:

Jen said...

Ugh, that article wasn't very comforting :(