CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

First Born Meme

I was tagged by Beth at Fragile What?! for the First Born/First Pregnancy/Whatever Meme. I'm game.


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, five months married.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? So excited and happy

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? absolutely not

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took several tests and finally two lines popped up.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Eric

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No, we wanted to be surprised.

9. DUE DATE? I think it was August 1, 2000

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Well, I'd call it evening sickness. I felt ok in the mornings, but in the evening after supper, I'd feel gross.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Tangy Taffy

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? No one that I can think of.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX? boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Well, for some reason I was expecting him to be a girl, and when they said "It's a boy!" I was like, A boy? Wow. I wasn't disappointed though.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT YOUR PREGNANCY? I gained like, 35 pounds or so. I got huge.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Nope. They don't do them in my family.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? There was no shower, so no surprise.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? When I was at my 20 week ultrasound, they told us that the baby had dilated lateral ventricals of his brain, indicating possible hydrocephalus. We were so scared. We had to wait awhile for a level 2 ultrasound, where they said everything was in the normal range. We later learned that this can happen in kids with Fragile X, but we didn't know anything about Fragile X at the time.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? at the hospital "birthing center". It was not anything special.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Seventeen.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Eric

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Eric and my mom, various doctors, nurses and anesthesiologist.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had an epidural, and it totally slowed down my labor. And the doctor topped it off right before I started pushing and I couldn't tell when I was supposed to push. I regretted my decision to do an epidural afterward. I wasn't allowed to get out of bed for several hours after Drew was born.

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs 11 oz

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? July 21, 2000 at 9:51 pm. (it was a Friday)

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Andrew John (John after his Grandpa V.)

I'm not tagging anyone, but if you participate, leave a comment with a link to your post.

My belly at 5 months along

0 comments: