CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday

I had an appointment with the BOE treasurer today to fill out some paperwork for my new job. I gave her a paper from Eric's employer to fill out stating that the school does not offer insurance for this position. Eric's employer requires the spouses of their employees to obtain insurance from their employer if it is offered. She looked at me and said, "Oh no. You aren't going to want this job." Turns out that they do offer insurance. And it is expensive. To pay the insurance would take up 48% of my gross pay. I just don't know for sure if I should take it. I said I'd let her know at the beginning of next week. I would have to pay a babysitter for seven and a half of those hours the first year. Eric reminded me that I should pray about it before making a decision and he is right. That is what I am going to do.

Blake has been running outside on his own a lot lately. It wouldn't be so disturbing if he made some noise while exiting. At least then I could hear him and stop him. Wednesday we were waiting for the bus to pick him up. He was watching Barney and had his jacket and backpack on. I went in the toyroom to tidy up and turn off the television. I came back to the living room and he was gone. The front door was open. I went out and yelled for him. "Blaaaakkke!" I yelled. "What?" he asked mildly. He was standing across the street in front of our mailbox. An SUV was coming down the road and slowed down. They honked the horn at him and went past. I was so scared that he would dodge in front of the SUV. I went after him and scolded him harshly. He looked at me and said, "Oh-KAY, Mommy." which seemed more like a brush off than an apology. I said, "What were you doing, going on the road like that?!" He said, "Get the mail?" This is not the first time he has gone out by himself, though it was the first time he crossed the street by himself. Thank God he wasn't hurt. We are going to have to get a hook and eye lock to put up high on the screen door this weekend.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Sorry to hear about your job situation. Eric is right, I will be praying for you too.
How scary is that finding Blake outside and across the street. So glad he wasn't hurt. I use to keep a bell on my door so I could hear Emily if she went out.

Anonymous said...

That sucks about the job! I know you was looking forward to it too. Just remember God knows what is best! :-)