CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm not usually into poetry,

but this poem really touched me. I first read it on Fragilemom's blog, and she has given me permission to post it here:

My Precious Joy

Sweet Father in Heaven whose love is divine,
Thank you so much for the son that is mine.
To others he'd be a burden to bear,
But to me he's a joy wo which none can compare.
I know that hes' different from most girls and boys,
He speaks kind of funny and plays strange with his toys.
For him, change is hard, he can get so upset,
He must seem so odd to those he has met.
Sometimes his anger gets out of control,
And he has a huge meltdown which torments my soul.
Yet as I look into those precious blue eyes,
I know that you Lord gave me this surprise.
For life doesn't always turn out like we hope,
You know what is best, and it's through you I cope.
You help me to see as others do stare
That this is my precious boy, not a burden to bear.
Although he is different than some other kid,
I'm so glad that you did what you did.
When others comment, "I don't know how you do it!"
It feels as arrows in my shoulder they have hit.
How could they not see what I see?
I just can't believe they don't envy me!
And then it occurs as if from above,
You knew that I was the one for this love.
You knew I'd rejoice in his triumphs though small they might be,
And urge him to greatness despite what they see.
I'd find joy and laughter where there could be tears,
I'd see his limits and proceed without fears.
You knew I'd be best for this special boy,
So, thank you, Dear Lord, for my precious joy.

2 comments:

Mark said...

What a wonderful poem! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

fztiThat was really, really beautiful.