CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Anxiety

If I could take away the anxiety part of Fragile X, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It affects so many areas of life.

For instance, my niece Danielle is staying with me today. Tomorrow is her first day of school. Earlier, she came up to me and said, "Kristie, when we eat lunch, I just want a bowl of cereal." I said okay, but asked if her stomach hurt. She said no at first, but later admitted that it did hurt. With her, the first thing I ask is if she's worried about something. She was worried about tomorrow. Apparently one of her friends said something that made her unsure of where she should sit on the bus. She was worried that if she sat with one friend, would the other friend still like her? We talked about it, and I suggested she give her friend a call. She did and felt much better afterward.

This afternoon she started getting nervous again. She's been moping around for awhile. I understand, believe me, I do. I have to go back to work on Thursday and I have a certain amount of anxiety about it as well. I know I'll be ok, but that doesn't stop the sick feeling I get when I think about it.

My boys also suffer from anxiety. Not only does Drew get anxious about things he doesn't enjoy, the things he likes to do also make him anxious.

It is very frustrating. If you suffer from this, you know what I am talking about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like it either.
Jessica

Jana Nickle said...

oh, yes. It comes with the territory and its misrable. Me and my kids suffer from it. Even meds dont control it completely. Its tough.

Anonymous said...

Who is watching Blake on Thurday when you have to go to work.
Jessica