CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back to school!

Yeah! Yesterday, both boys' schools ended up canceling. I was ok with that, since it was yucky out. But today they are just on a two-hour delay. I am so glad to be going back to work. I can't believe I am actually saying that. Years ago, I was so content being a stay at home mom. Now, I actually miss my job. I am technically called a school cook, but what I mostly do is wash dishes. And I am ok with that. I work hard while I am there, lifting and moving stuff from school to school. And I get dirty. Well, food-covered. But those kids make it worth it to me. They are funny. And they like to talk to me. On not-so-busy days, I'll pray for each kid as they bring me their empty tray. Sometimes they come up really fast, and my prayers go, "God bless that one, and that one, and that one..." And sometimes I don't have time for it at all. And even if it weren't for the kids, I'd still like my job. The people I work with are great, the hours are ideal. The only complaint I have is that today is Ash Wednesday and we are having fish sandwiches. Eww! Stinky fish. Have a great day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fish is so good I bet you pack so you didn't have to eat it.
Jessica