CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Hi! I'm alive.

I have been a blog slacker. I get bummed when my posts don't get comments and it makes me feel like no one's reading, anyway.

So, Drew hasn't had a seizure since Thursday, so that is good. This weekend was fun. Friday afternoon, I got my two permanent crowns put on. (That wasn't the fun part!) I am going to have to call him this morning, though, because I think I have a couple high spots that need filed down. I've been taking Advil all weekend for the pain it's causing me.

Onto the fun stuff. I went to my friend Mandy's house on Friday night with a couple other friends, one of whom was Kelly. We drank a little wine and played a game called Quelf. It was hilarious.

Saturday evening, my inlaws watched the boys for us while we went out with my sister Kelly, and her husband Tony. We went to Olive Garden. Yummy! Kelly and Tony hadn't ever eaten there before. Or maybe they had, but it had to have been twenty years. And they both liked it. And my super picky sister liked her chicken and gnocchi soup. It had spinach in it, people. Spinach!

We walked around Target and Kohl's for awhile and went to B Dubs for a little bit, too. We didn't get back to the inlaws until about 11:20 and the boys were slap-happy.

I have started working out in the past week. I have been doing week one of Couch to 5k again. I am not actually setting a goal of running a 5k, but I just want to work it up to a comfortable spot and keep doing it. It starts you out walking and alternates with running as well. Every week, you decrease the amount of walking and increase the running. I am finding I actually enjoy myself while doing it.

Well, I'm off to go get my family ready for their day. Have a good one!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had fun

Anonymous said...

Hey just so you know, I read this and it was great! Keep blogging my Sissy!

fragilemom said...

You're allowed a little blog-slacking every now and then. Just not too much! The dentist thing definitely did not sound fun. I hate the thought of getting older simply because I despise people messing with my face, mouth, teeth, etc. Gonna happen anyway, I suppose.

Umma said...

Will not comment on the crowns...I am actively ignoring dental issues! I need a root canal *WAH!*

Anyway...I loved the Couch to 5K program. Watch out for that jump between Week 3 and Week 4, it's a doozy!

Jennifer said...

wow, a lot of dental phobia comments here. we're not all that bad, are we?

Kristiem10 said...

ha ha, Jen. Nope, I have nothing against my dentist. I really like him. It's his drill I hate. lol. For me it is a sensory thing. It's the vibration of the drill. Especially the low speed one. I don't mind the novacaine shots, either. And Umma, the root canal I had awhile back was easy-peasy. That's because there was very little drilling involved.

Anonymous said...

Silly girl! We read all the time...just don't always comment :)
Happy Monday!
Peggy E.

theotherlion said...

Dear Dentists, YOU aren't that bad, your drills are. Stay 'way from my teeth, k? K.