CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Drew Funny

Drew has a favorite song titled Firm Foundation.  It goes, "Jesus, you're my firm foundation.  I know I can stand secure..."  and so forth.  He calls the song "Jesus"  We have it on CD and play it every single time he's in the van.  He wants to hear it over and over.  He says, "I need Jesus!"  Now, if I am particularly stressed out, I'll say, "I need Jesus, too!"  but don't mean the song. 

So, tonight, he is watching Doodlebops on DVD and suddenly, he says, "Mom, I need Jesus."  I said, "You need Jesus?"  He said, "Yeah!"  I said, "Well, we don't have Jesus in the house.  I can sing it for you."  So I started singing it. "No!  Stop Mom!"  he said, "I need crackers!  Cheese!"

I was like, "You mean you need Cheez Its?"  He said, "Yes, thank you!"  lol.

He must have thought I was crazy when I broke into song. 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so funny.

Lisa said...

Or he didn't want to hurt your feelings when you started singing and didn't think you did the song justice, so he changed his mind and decided that he wanted Cheez-its!