Tuesday, November 16, 2010


It's been a week since I last blogged!  Last week was full of sickies.  First Drew, then me, then Blake.

Saturday, I went with my sister Kelly and her kids to Chicago.  My nephew had to go to Rush Medical Center to see Dr. Berry-Kravis for a drug trial he's participating in. 

Saturday evening, we went to a service at Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Hills, IL.  It is home to Dr. James MacDonald.  He has a radio show I like called Walk in the Word.  Danielle amazingly said she wanted to go to the kids' program.  Amazing since she didn't know anyone there.  But she said she had a good time.   Kyle sat with me and Kelly and did a great job of sitting still.  He really wanted a bible to hold.  Kelly and I offered him ours, but he wanted a black one.  Thankfully, someone down the aisle found a church bible and let him use it.  After the service, Kyle went around and gave everyone and his brother a high-five.  Most people were good-natured about it, dispite the strength of Kyle's fives. 

After church, we drove to downtown Chicago and went to Hard Rock Cafe' for Kyle.  He loves that place and always wants to go every time we go to Chicago.  They told us the wait was going to be 45 minutes to an hour, but we actually only waited about 20 minutes or so.  It might have had something to do with the fact that we stood by the hostess stand and Kyle kept giving high-fives to the host. lol. 

After that, we went back to our hotel.  Danielle was tired so she stayed in the room with Kelly, but Kyle wanted to go swimming.  I went to the pool with him.  He showed off his moves for me and I watched him jump into the pool countless times.  After awhile, he got cold and we went back to the room. 

The next morning, we ate breakfast and then went to Rush Medical Center.  We had to go to the physician's building.  Unfortunately, it was closed, since it was a Sunday morning.  So we had to go into the main hospital and make our way to the doctor's offices from there. 

When we got there, the office was locked and dark.  Now this happens sometimes on Saturday mornings, so we weren't too worried.  We were about 15 -20 minutes early, so we sat down in the hall to wait.  We waited quite awhile, as it turns out.  Dr. Berry-Kravis got stuck in traffic on the way due to a Bears game that was going on.  The appointment went well, though Kyle's veins weren't willing to give up much blood for Dr. B-K.  Kyle was very patient and sat still for his blood draw, though. 

We got home at 8:30 in the evening.  We were more than ready to be home.  The ride home seemed to last forever! 

Here are some pictures from the trip:

Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe

Waiting for Dr. Berry-Kravis

Kyle and Kelly

Kelly, trying to wrestle a kiss out of Danielle