CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday

Yesterday, Drew went to school.  His aide said that he did ok, but seemed to run out of steam as the day went on.  She said he had increasing difficulty with transitions also.  When he got home from school, he snuggled up on the couch with a blanket.  Then he fell asleep.  That rarely happens around here.  I looked at him and his face was flushed.  I checked his temp under his arm and it was 101.5 before adding the degree.  Yikes!  No wonder he was losing energy as the day went on.

I had a hair appointment and Eric stayed home with the boys.  I called him from Wal-Mart to see if he needed anything.  He said no, but he had to go because Blake was crying for me.  That's not a regular occurance around here, either.  So, I got home and Eric was rocking Blake.  We tried putting him back to bed and he kept crying, wanting to be held.  He was groaning a lot and asked to go to the bathroom.  We wondered if he had an upset stomach.  He said that he was fine.  Not a reliable report, though, since he kept crying.

Eric had to go on a business trip today, so he finished packing and we went to bed.  Blake kept crying and calling for me.  I'd get up, comfort him, take him to the bathroom, where he'd sit on the toilet for a second and say, "I go back to bed," and I tuck him back in.  Or I'd rock him.  This went on all night long.  Finally around 5:30, he fell asleep. 

Then Drew woke up.  He seemed pretty ok, and I planned on sending him to school.  Eric left for his trip.  Drew ran to the bathroom and had diarrhea.  So much for sending him to school.  So, we are all home today.  Blake is congested today, but other than that, he doesn't seem to have an upset stomach or anything.  Not sure what to make of last night. 

Hopefully, we are headed back to health.  Drew hasn't had a seizure in over a day now.

0 comments: