CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday

I got off work today at 2:00 and went to the grocery in search of something interesting to make for supper.  I had about 40 minutes until the boys walked through the door, so I wasn't in a big hurry.  The store is just around the corner from my house.  I moseyed around and finally remembered the steaks I had in the freezer at home.  I picked up some ingredients for cheesy potatoes and headed home. 

I usually like to have showered by the time the kids get home, but I figured, what the heck, I'll worry about that later.  I got in the house and suddenly I remembered that I had a teeth cleaning appointment at four o'clock.  An appointment for which I had made no childcare arrangements.  I fleetingly thought of blowing off my cleaning, but then I pictured the hygenist sitting there waiting for me, so I called Eric's parents' house.  They agreed to watch the kids. 

That done, I looked at the clock and saw that I only had like seven minutes until they got home.  And that is not long enough to shower.  I waited for them and met them in the driveway.  I warned the kids as they got out of the car not to take off their clothes, that we were going to Grandma Meyer's house.  Blake was thrilled and went in the house, no problem.  Drew was a little upset by the change in his plan. 

I laid out the schedule of events: (go to Grandma's, Mom to dentist, boys play, Mom comes home, go home for supper)  When we got there, Drew wouldn't go in.  I wasn't really surprised, given the change of plans.  I told my mother in law that I was going to leave and expected that he'd go in as soon as I left.  And that's exactly what happened.  I backed onto the road and before I had the van in drive, he was in the house. 

When I got back, everyone was relaxed and watching Pinocchio.  When I started picking up their toys, they both put on their shoes (without prompting!) and were ready to go.  In fact, they went out to the van a little faster than I would have liked, but I'm not complaining. 

Overall, I thought it went well.  Not the actual dentist appointment, but the kids.  I'd be happier with my dentist appointment if I didn't have a cracked tooth that needs repaired.  Oh well.  Such is life!

0 comments: