CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's like a heat wave

I was thinking that it was really warm in my kitchen. (we have electric heat so each room is controlled individually)  I went over to turn the temperature down, and discovered that it had been turned up as high as it will go!  No wonder I thought it was hot.  Knowing my culprit, I went to check Blake's room heat.  Normal.  This time.  He loves to mess with those things. 

A couple summers ago, I noticed Blake's bedroom was really hot.  He didn't have a window air conditioner (or ishner, as he calls it) at the time, so it was normally warmer in there.  But it was oven-hot.  I checked the thermostat and discovered he had cranked it up as high as it will go.  We remedied the situation by flipping the heat breakers off, so even if he turned it up, no harm done. 

He hasn't done it in awhile, but last week one day he turned up the kitchen and his bedroom heat. Those are the ones that he can get to the easiest. I didn't even scold him for it, thinking it was a one time thing.  I guess I'm going to have to make a "Hands off" sign or something. 

2 comments:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

AJ does this at my parents house all the time! I never know until I sit there sweating....

Kristiem10 said...

Bonnie, I just tried to "Like" your comment. Oopsie! Not facebook. But it's true. I do like your comment. :)