CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Trying it again

Remember this? File that trip under...

Well, we're leaving today for Columbus. We're going to the State Fair again. My parents usually stay with my kids in the kiddie ride area, so my sister and I can take her kids to the bigger rides. My mom doesn't want to use the strollers, since they are cumbersome, and they spend the majority of their time on rides. I decided that it is worth the censure of strangers to keep Blake safe. So, since he is an escapee, we'll be using a kid-leash. I know "safety harnesses" are a hot topic for parents. I don't even bother to call it that, though. Frankly, it is a leash. But if it does the job, I don't care what it is called.

We're only staying overnight one night instead of the usual two nights. It seems that the second day is usually spent debating about what we're going to do, then we end up doing something that is not terribly exciting. So this year, we'll head to Columbus in the afternoon, and meet up with my parents. We'll check into the condo, go out to dinner, then come back and go swimming. Then tomorrow, we'll go to the fair, and at the end of the day, we'll just go home. I think this is a great idea.

Wish us luck! I'll udate on Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best if luck!! And have lots of fun for me! How long does the fair go for anyway??

Kristiem10 said...

Goes through August 10th. :)

Chris said...

Have a GREAT Time! ! Please say Hello to the Butter Cow for me and Have a FunnelCake and Elephant Ear for me. Your waistline can take it better than mine.

p.s. Give Kyle a BIG HIGH FIVE from Chris! !